AARHUS / DENMARK
COVERS 3 SIGNATURE MASTERCLASSES:
DAY 1: STYLE FOOD LIKE A PRO
DAY 2: SHOOT FOOD LIKE A PRO
DAY 3: EDIT PHOTOS LIKE A PRO
COOKBOOK AUTHOR & PHOTOGRAPHER SIF ORELLANA
(purchased seperately the price for these
3 masterclasses is €2.091) you SAVE €391)
SEPTEMBER 27TH-29TH 2019
ONLY 2 SPOTS LEFT!
This 3-day masterclass is taught for a small, intimate group to assure lots of 1:1 time
During our three intense and intensive days together, I'll bring you through three of my signature masterclasses based on foodstyling, photography and postproduction. The classes take place in my own Scandinavian light-filled home and studio in Aarhus - the second largest city in Denmark, ranked number 2 by Lonely Planet in its list of the ten best destinations in Europe to visit in 2016.
We meet up each morning at 10 AM and start the day with a good cup of coffee or tea, a glas of freshly squeezed juice, freshbaked pastries + an introduction to each other and the program. After this I'll bring you through the first classes of the day. Half way we'll enjoy a delicious lunch and then continue with the classes. We round up at 4 PM.
Throughout my career as a cookbook creator, I have shot most of the food photos for my 12 bestselling cookbooks (+ for multiple food-and lifestyle features for magazines) in my own home with a minimum of equipment and squaremeters. It may surprise you how easily you can mimic the results of a giant studio with tens of thousands of Euros worth of high-end equipment. It is easy to get lost in the many options for equipment and set-up, but studios are really all about creative control, and managing the variables that affect the light is key. In this 3-day live course I share with you all my secret tips and tricks on how to shoot eyerollingly beautiful images in your own home or when you are “on the go”. I will teach you, how to style stellar dishes, shoot food photos, that will make your audience and clients drool, and how you bring your shots from "GOOD" to "WOW" in postproduction.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
All classes + 3 x coffee/tea/refreshments and fresh-baked Danish pastries every morning
+ 3 x delicious lunch + notebook and pen + the use of materials and props.
In case you choose to book the retreat with accommodation, this is also included.
Airfare and/or transportation to & from the masterclass, dinner and accommodation
In case you choose to book the retreat without accommodation, this is obviously not included.
* The workshop fee can be paid in two installments. To only pay a 50% deposit now, use the code 2INSTALLMENTS at check out. Feel free to pay in full if you would like. Otherwise the second payment will be due on September 12th. Tickets are non-refundable, please confirm your ability to attend before purchasing your ticket.
Program during the 3-DAY masterclass TRAINING
MASTERCLASS: HOW TO STYLE FOOD LIKE A PRO
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* How to style your food in ways that are aesthetically appealing to the camera
* How to use props & accents that add depth and complete your scenes
* How to work with layering, repetition and triangles
* How to make conscious decisions on what to put in the frame and what to leave out
* Where to place hero subjects and supporting elements
* How to create dynamic tension, movement and energy in your food photos
* How to arrange the food and make it look crisp, fresh and mouth-watering
* How to discover the power of color balance?
* How to find your own signature expression styling-wise
* How to tell visual stories and work with props
MASTERCLASS: HOW TO shoot FOOD LIKE A PRO
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* How to tell appealing and powerful stories through food photos
* How to create dynamic lighting setups that make your food imagery spark and look outstanding
* How to create and use a variety of surfaces that create stunning backdrops for your pictures
* How to choose the type of lens that meets your food photography needs
* How to frame your shots with the perfect composition for food photography
* What settings to use for the different types of photos
* How to take bright and airy & dark and moody images
* How to plan and conduct a successful food photo shoot from start to finish
MASTERCLASS: How to Edit Photos like a pro (Lightroom + iphone apps)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
* How to adjust the essential editing effects that make your food photos pop more and look more breathtaking
* How to make the colors and contrast in your photos pop and stand out
* How to use Adobe Lightroom to create an efficient workflow and apply key editing effects
* How to tackle flat light when it comes to editing
* How to achieve a delicate airy, clean and bright look - or make your photos look evocative, dark and moody
* How to export and share your photos with the right dimensions and quality settings
* Knowledge about all the little tweaks that make a powerful image
PRICE & ACCOMODATION
The price in total for the 3-day masterclass: €1.700.
Bought seperately the price for these 3 masterclasses is €2.091. You save €391
You have the option to book with or without accommodation - see the prices here. If you book with accommodation you will be staying in a lovely private superior room at one of my favorite hotels in the heart of Aarhus called ‘Hotel Villa Provence’. The hotel is located 8 minutes drive by car from the workshop location. Five minutes walk from the hotel you also find the tram, that brings you directly to my house in 5 minutes. If you wish to be transported in a taxi back and forth from the hotel to the masterclass both my partners at Villa Provence and I will be happy to help you book it.
3 SIGNATURE MASTERCLASSES
A private ‘superior room’ incl. breakfast
at Hotel Villa Provence’
* 'Travellers Choice' 2018
* No. 1 hotel in Aarhus on Tripadvisor 2019
A lovely, spacious and private superior room with a small seating area will be waiting for you at Hotel Villa Provence in the heart of Aarhus. The bathroom is decorated in French handmade tiles with a walk-in shower and exclusive Molton Brown bath products. The bed is a king-size bed (180 cm). The room has both: Complimentary Wi-Fi. fladscreen TV with cable, hair dryer and bathrobe, phone and radio & closet
INSPIRATIONAL E-WORKBOOK BEFORE & AFTER THE LIVE MASTERCLASS
10 days before the masterclass kicks off, you will receive an inspirational e-workbook in your inbox with info, recommendations, tips and tricks + a small, simple exercise. After the 3-day masterclass you will receive another ebook packed with more info and useful tools to elevate your styling and photography skills.
SECRET FACEBOOK GROUP
I will also invite you to be part of a secret Sisterhood Masterclass Facebook Group, so that you have an online forum to share experiences, links, get feedback on your work, coordinate future meet-ups etc.